The Cost Of Healthy Dieting

As a personal trainer I have come across lots of people who make many reasons as to why they haven’t, or in their point of view, can not be successful in terms of living a healthy and balanced way of living. Inadequate time to exercise, insufficient cash to pay for a fitness center pass, insufficient power to be energetic, the list goes on. One of the most typical excuses I listen to is that related to healthy and balanced weight loss. When I mention healthy dieting, be conscious, I am describing dieting in regards to making healthy eating selections and also not depriving yourself or jumping on a celery diet for a week.

Many individuals say that the factor they can not eat much healthier foods is merely due to the fact that healthier foods is significantly more expensive than junk foods. They assert that the cost of eating healthy is too much, as a result they are compelled by funds to eat unhealthy. I decided I would do research on Louisiana State College’s campus in order to see why this may be.

I started my research by creating surveys that asked four inquiries relating to what the individuals were eating, where they were eating and also what they thought about eating healthy. The results of my poll of 100 students revealed that 64% of them agreed that healthy and balanced foods were dramatically extra expensive than unhealthy foods. On the other hand 36% differed as well as assumed that healthy dieting was not significantly much more pricey. This made me understand that according to my example many people think this declaration to be true that healthy foods are just excessive to pay for. For more on that, check this source.

Concern two asked the participants what played the most crucial role in their grocery purchasing decisions. The outcomes of this revealed price to be the largest role for 45% of individuals. The preference of the food was one of the most essential for 30% of people. The healthfulness of the food was most important for 18% of people and also benefit was crucial for 7% of individuals. These results revealed that although individuals believe healthy food is extra pricey, they base what they get on the cost and the preference of the food prior to considering healthfulness. Inquiry 3 asked the participants exactly how usually they ate fast food in a week. The results revealed that 40% of people consumed fast food 3-5 times weekly, 7% of individuals consumed convenience food over 6 times weekly, and also 32% ate fast food 1-2 times weekly, as well as 15% ate fast food less than 1 time each week. This details informed me that most of people ate 3-5 meals from fast food places weekly. The last concern I asked played a substantial role in my research. I asked participants exactly how frequently they prepared their meals that really did not include instant foods. The results of this inquiry showed that a frustrating 55% of individuals only prepared 1-2 meals a week.

From my information I accumulated I had the ability to identify that based upon my individuals, although the majority declared that healthy and balanced food was more expensive, the healthiness of the food came third in the checklist of value when grocery shopping. If you do not know how to prepare looking for healthy instantaneous food would be an obstacle in itself much less looking for healthy instant food at a great rate. On the other hand, if you know just how to cook, it is more affordable to purchase grocery and prepare dishes that are healthy as well as save money in the long run with left overs.

To conclude I assume that individuals believe that healthy and balanced foods are more costly due to the fact that they are not preparing the food themselves. With health not being a leading priority when it involves eating, people probably will not be inclined to eating healthy. People are acquiring what is cheap, great, and instant. This is the source of the issue that can only be readjusted by the actions of the customers.

Back To Top